In today’s article, we will help you with detailed steps on how to delete WhatsApp group on any of your smartphone devices or a computer.
In past times, a Short message service also known as SMS was a very widespread method of contacting your known one’s but prices were costly.
WhatsApp solved two problems, being the most widespread text-app globally, it is free for everyone and we can create group chats in it, which was not possible through SMS.
Before knowing the steps on how to delete a WhatsApp group, you need to be aware of two things –• You can only delete a group from your phone if you’re the admin of that group.
- You can only delete a group from your phone if you’re the admin of that group.
- You need to remove all the participants one by one to delete a WhatsApp group.
Let’s know the steps below to delete a WhatsApp group permanently –
- Open WhatsApp and click on the group you want to delete (make sure you are the admin of the group else you won’t be able to delete a WhatsApp group).
- After opening the group, You’ll see a list of participants including you.
- Click on any of the participants and click on Remove (group member name will be shown).
- Follow the step one by one to successfully remove all the members from the group (this step is crucial to delete a WhatsApp group permanently).
- After removing all the members, You will see an option to exit the group, click on that.
- After exiting the group, You’ll see a displayed message – You’re no longer a participant in this group. Click on the Delete group button as in the image below –
- After clicking on the Delete group option, Another message will be displayed, whether you want to Delete media in this group (Media refers to all the images, videos, chats saved in the group).
- Select the option suitable as per your needs and click on Delete to successfully delete a WhatsApp group.
All of the above steps should be followed to delete WhatsApp group on Iphone,Android,etc.
If you’re a member of a group and want to leave the group for various reasons, here are the following steps to Exit a WhatsApp group if you’re a member –
Important note – Any Admin of that particular group can add you back to the group.
- Open WhatsApp and click on the group you want to Exit.
- After opening the group, You will see a list of members including you.
- Click on your name and there will be an option to exit the group as shown in the picture below –
- Click on Exit and you will get successfully exit from the group. After this, you will see an option to delete media from whatsapp group.
- Click on Delete group and you will successfully leave the group. After this step, the group chat will not be affected for the other members and they will get an in-group notification of you leaving the group.
how to delete a whatsapp group on iphone?
Follow the steps given above to delete Whatsapp group on iPhone. The same steps are to be followed.
We all have been in situations where we are annoyed by a group may be because of unwanted chat, bothering messages, and so on. Now you will successfully avoid all of these by following the steps given above.
Please comment down below if you have any queries regarding steps.